Friday, May 29, 2009

Aamir on how he went against his family

When I was a kid, I used to see my father and uncle making films. When I grew up, I said to my family that I wanted to get into this filmmaking business. My family advised me to not get into this line. On asking why, my uncle Nasir Hussain said that this was a very dangerous line and nobody knows which film will work and which one will fail. My family wanted me to get into a steadier line. They wanted me to become a doctor, engineer, or a Chartered Accountant. This was the concern of the people who cared about me.

But I was in love with filmmaking and that is why I came here. All filmmakers are like me. This is a business of volatility. No matter how hard you work on a film, only the Friday on which the film releases, decides the fate of the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment