Friday, May 29, 2009

Hrithik Roshan on being fit and in-shape

Well actually, I get paid to be fit. Fitness for me is a way of life. Our body is the only thing that we truly own. We should make full use and take care of it. The more you take care of your body, the happier you get. I really believe in the age old adage - 'Health is Wealth'. If you have good health, everything else will follow. I have a thin frame. But I workout for a week before I need to shoot a scene showing my body. But still, I don't have the fittest or the best body in Bollywood.

Everyone is making me out to be a Greek god, but trust me, I’m not. I do stuff like bench press and a lot of cardio. Then I do some weights once in a while. I do a lot of exercise for the whole body and concentrate on my biceps and triceps.

At times there seemed to be an imbalance with big biceps and triceps and a thin body. I am not very well built and do not have a lot of tendon. That could explain why I look muscular in some scenes and why I look thin in some frames. It’s a myth to presume that I have got a lot of muscles. You can see that in my films too. The truth is that I have very little muscles. My schedules are so tight that I do not have the time to build muscles. You need enough time in a day to build muscles.

Normally, I just do my routine exercises. I don’t workout for more than 40 minutes in a day, before I go to sleep. My schedule is such that I return home pretty late. Hence I need to workout only then. It is only when I am in India that I catch up on an hour of exercise. This happens between 12.30 and 1.30 in the night. I sleep after that. If I do not workout, I cannot sleep. Workouts also put me to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment